Sunday, October 5, 2008

models in a box

My grandmother has told me that I need to update my blog more often.  I will make an attempt to work on that. :)

Saturday we went to meet our friend Chris following his wedding in Fort Greene.  We were meeting them in DUMBO, and stopped by the pier at Fulton Ferry Landing.  A television shoot was going on for "Make Me a Supermodel" (a show on Bravo.)  They were suspending models two at a time in a clear cube from a crane high in the air.  We watched for a bit.  We did not select to be part of the "crowd" for the tv footage.  
It was also funny to watch Tyson Beckford watching from his chair with a bullhorn.

We walked to the other side of the Brooklyn Bridge to take some photographs.  This photograph is taken looking towards the Manhattan Bridge.
Following photos in DUMBO, we went to Flushing to celebrate the wedding at their traditional chinese banquet.  This ten course meal was unlike anything I have ever had.  Zach and I both tried everything.  I wanted to make sure that I wasn't missing out on something fantastic.  Flushing is such a bizarre place as well. It is a bit like stepping into another world.  We took the subway back home afterwards- I don't think I had previously ridden the train from one end of the line to the other.  We stopped in Times Square to transfer trains, and popped outside to see what was happening in the city.  It was full of tourists as always- but it was interesting to check out the Netflix glass box with a group trying to break a movie watching world record.  I think the goal is 100 hours.  They seemed to be well equiped with coffee and red bull. 

Apparently it must have been the day for people to be in clear boxes.


No comments: